Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a good read...



What is it about a good book?

There's that feeling that wells up inside - pure joy and contentment just bubbling to the top - above everything else going on in life.

I always want to savor that feeling - take my time, and yet on the other hand I love to rush ahead at full speed and devour every last word.



In typical fashion, I picked up this book off a table at Barnes & Noble quite a while ago.

It was a completely random choice, although in my defense (a) it was an attractive cover, (b) there was a horse on the front, and (c) for some reason I just liked the title.

Well, all of those things aside, this book was fabulous. I love the writing style - easy but not over simplified - and I love Sara Gruen's treatment of serious topics in a sincere and unassuming way.

And, to be honest, it was really lovely to read a book about horses. I've always loved horses, but have never had the opportunity to spend too much time riding or caring for one.



So imagine my delight when I realized that this book was actually a sequel - there was another whole book with the same characters and style out there waiting to be devoured!

Granted, it would have been good to figure this out before reading the whole book, but I'm just so glad to have another good read that I'm fine with reading them out of order.

Yesterday I started this one, and right now I'm trying to savor it - fighting that urge to rush through - because it's definitely a good read so far.

I'll keep you posted once I'm finished...


*top image via
E Tells Tales

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile..... :~) and remind me of how long it's been since I treated myself to a good read.

    ReplyDelete