Tuesday, July 28, 2009

perspective




Recently, I spent a typical 10 minute drive across the city taking photos of the places I drive by all the time. (Safety disclaimer - Twin was driving so this was completely safe!)

That night, I was struck by how beautiful and different everything looked in the muggy, heavy darkness. The scenes I see everyday looked completely foreign when captured in a camera and viewed as separate little vignettes, rather than one coherent view.




While not claiming that any of these photos are great (or even really all that good) I want to share these are a way of challenging you to look for the beauty all around you. There are beautiful, lovely things all around us, but sometimes we miss them because they're part of the daily routine.

So look around - be deliberate about seeking out the beauty around you. And you might be surprised at what you find.




No comments:

Post a Comment