Saturday, June 6, 2009

some etsy favorites


cow art print by RozArt


I trust that you already know about Etsy - the online marketplace for all things handmade. (If you don't, please take a deep breath and prepare to kill a few hundred hours staring at your computer screen. Trust me, it will suck you in.)



batter bowl by hardypottery


As much as I love Target and other large chains for the convenience and affordability they bring to my life, I much prefer the idea of buying locally, supporting small businesses, and cheering on those who choose to make something for a living. I think this, plus my love of all things art and craft, has solidified Etsy as one of my favorite places to shop.



tealight cover by Hannahnunn


(A small disclaimer - my "love of all things art and craft" does not mean that I actually love all pieces of art or craft. As anyone who knows me well will attest to, I am really an aesthetic snob. Although I like to think of it as refined taste, rather than snobbery. It sounds nicer, doesn't it?)


flower print by LeaSeguin


I don't know about you, but after browsing through the featured items on the main page, I have a few categories I always check. For me, it's always jewelry (particularly the earrings), ceramics & pottery, and art (particularly paintings and hand-pulled prints). What are your must-see items?



earrings by jcjewelrydesign

Since I am rarely an impulse buyer (good for my wallet, they tell me), I have a well thought out list of favorited items on my account. Some items can be arguably thought of as practical, but others are decidedly less so. Although another art print can't really hurt, right?


broadside by lizardpress


And really, a faux guinnea pig could be considered neccesary. Right?


stuffed animal by Zygopsyche

Not even with that sweet little face?


Ok, sorry, back to reality.


clutch by KailoChic

I love giving etsy items as gifts, as I think handmade things can be so personal and quirky and lovely. And to be honest, I'm also pretty fond of buying etsy items for myself. (My apartment is proof of this.)


necklace by lillyella


So next time you're looking for something fabulous, think handmade! And make someone's day by buying something that they put thought and effort into. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment