Wednesday, April 13, 2011

thoughts on counting down.

 Just in case you're not so good with
counting, that's 10 fingers I'm 
holding up...which means we only
have 10 more days until the wedding!

People keep asking me how I'm 
doing, and I'm weirdly calm most of 
the time.  I don't think I've wrapped my 
brain around just how close we 
are, although periodically it hits me that 
we're in the final countdown and I 
(a) get so excited I can hardly function, 
or (b) start to freak out because
there's so much left to do.

Philippians 4:4-7 has been holding
me together whenever I start to worry:  
 "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will 
say it again: rejoice!  Let your gentleness 
be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  
Do not be anxious in anything, but in 
every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God.  And the peace of
God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your heart and your minds
in Christ Jesus."

And in the wise words of my handsome
guy:  "No matter what happens on the 
wedding day - good or bad - it will be
a great day, because at the end, 
we'll be married."  And really...how 
can a girl argue with that?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Friends of ours got married last July. She had such a horrible migraine she spent her whole "wedding day" in the hospital and had to get married the next day at her sister's house. Not what she planned on, but 10 years from now will make for some fantastic memories : ) I always say, better a great marriage than a great wedding. You can count on something going not as planned, but as your husband to be said...in the end you'll be married, and that, after all, is the whole point : ) Before you know it, you'll be counting down to your 10 year wedding anniversary : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't the opportunity to meet you better guys, just saw the great and powerful love for Jesus that you guys show on your faces and actions. All I can say is surrender everything to God, the day of the wedding and the whole life together with your love. Marriage is definitly not easy specialy when only one believe in the Lord Jesus but you guys both understand who is our Lord and Savior so I am pretty sure God has great plans for you together... you are about to become just one... ONE LOVE. Congratulations and God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete