Monday, January 18, 2010

lessons


I love how when God teaches us a lesson, it's usually not ambiguous. Knowing our ability to miss the point (or explain it away as coincidence), He's typically pretty direct and gives us several opportunities to catch on to what we're supposed to be learning.

For instance, last night we sang this song, which really spoke to my heart:

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hand

And then this morning, I woke up to this verse - sent to me by a friend:

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Eph. 4:2)

Thank goodness for direct lessons. Now just to learn them and hang onto them...


*image via tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment