Wednesday, October 21, 2009

delightful!



Last week I went to Rocktoberfest - an annual benefit concert for Love146. A number of musicians & bands were there to perform in support of this wonderful organization, which is dedicated to ending child sex slavery and exploitation.

My favorite, hands down, was this brother-sister duo called Joel & Janna. Not only does he play a real piano (major happiness points for me!), but their voices blend into stunningly beautiful harmonies that just made me want to cry and laugh at the same time.

The other thing that really made me enjoy listening to them was their obvious love for Jesus. Unlike most of the other bands there who used nice metaphors for Christ's love, these guys belted out old familiars like There is Power in the Blood and mingled their love for Jesus into every one of their originals. It was refreshing and beautiful.



Go check them out - they have an album available for download on iTunes called The High Road.

I don't think you'll be disappointed...

1 comment: