Wednesday, September 30, 2009

waiting with grace...


One of my favorite daily blog reads is Big Mama, a fabulous woman whose storytelling and perspectives make me laugh every morning. I love how she talks about hunting, reality tv, and fashion all on one site - not an easy task to accomplish!

Today's post is about singleness and learning to be fulfilled right where you are today, rather than always thinking about what's still to come. While very different than her typical subject matter, I thought she spoke really well to the things that all women struggle through at some point or another - because let's face it, aren't we always waiting for something?

And couldn't we all use a little reminder that God put us in the here and now for a reason...and to enjoy it?

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” I Corinthians 2:9


*image from my ocean wanderings this past summer...isn't this little path wonderful?

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, thanks for this post today. Big Mama has great wisdom to pass on that is applicable to both women and men. Speaking as a guy who doesn't mind exploring the emotional aspect of life, I appreciate all that she has to say. We can all learn a thing or two about trusting in God and His timing for all things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete