Friday, September 11, 2009

hello, friday.


It's finally Friday, and even though it's only been a 4 day work week, I'm so ready for the weekend.

(What is it about short work weeks that make you long so desperately for the weekend?)

A smattering of happy thoughts of the morning:

  • My parents are coming to town this weekend! I can't get enough of them, and can hardly wait until they arrive. While I'm not sure that it's normal to love hanging out with my family as much as I do, it's definitely true.
  • Twin and I are dogsitting this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to hanging out with one of the coolest dogs we know. She's big and has personality to the max - plus she lives in the most interesting old house I've ever been in.
  • After having given up blogs for a while (which is NOT easy, for the record), I have started venturing to some of my favorites to read back entries. Yesterday I had the pleasure of reading this post, which just made me happy. If you haven't read her blog, check it out - it's very sweet.
  • Along with a small group of others, I feel very privileged to be helping develop and plan the next series of messages and small groups for our young adults church. This past week we met for dinner and a planning session and I was blown away by the gifts of creativity that so many of my friends have been blessed with. What a good God we serve!
  • I've been watching Waiting for God - a fabulous BBC sitcom full of dry humor and British charm. Further proof that everything British really is more amusing. (Thank you Netflix for making it possible for me to watch this every morning in my bed!)
  • Tonight we have a show opening at the gallery, and a bunch of my church peeps are coming up for the reception. I could not be more pleased and feel almost like a little kid at how excited I am!

Ok, enough rambling. The house needs a little tlc before my folks arrive!

Happy today, everyone.


*While fall is undeniably here, I'm not quite ready to abandon my favorite of all seasons. These great bikes, found as we walked to the beach one summer afternoon, just scream summer and happiness in a wonderful way...and for this reason I am making you look at them with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment