Thursday, July 2, 2009

the picture show



I have been unofficially boycotting the movie theater for a while now. I don't have any great principle that has been motivating me, so don't be impressed - it's really more out of laziness than anything else.


With the advent of Netflix, I just don't often care about a movie enough to pay to see things in the theater. I'm typically content just to wait until something comes out on dvd, then watch from the comfort of my own couch. (with whatever company I choose....)


This summer, I may have to end this boycott, since there are several movies that I
really want to see. Allow me to share:



The Proposal, with Sandra Bullock. She's one of my favorite actresses, hands down, and even though the critics say this is just another romantic comedy with a predictable and feel good ending, I can't wait to see it.



My Sister's Keeper, with Cameron Diaz & Abigail Breslin. I'm all about Cameron Diaz (don't ask me why) and really like Abigail Breslin, plus this movie promises to make me cry. What's not to like?



We can't leave out our favorite Hogwarts boy - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I've only recently started watching these movies with my girls, and can't wait to see the next installment of the series.



And finally, in a random departure from my typical movie genre, I would like to see The Box - with Cameron Diaz and cutie pie James Marsden. Something about a morality thriller is very enticing...but I know I'll have to go see this with someone who doesn't mind me grabbing their arm every two seconds. I'm such a baby.

So there we have it - anyone want to go to the movies? I'll buy the popcorn...

1 comment: