Saturday, July 25, 2009

a little inspiration


I recently discovered a new blog,
I am Style-ish, and I might be a little infatuated with her sense of style.

Her writing style is comfortable and enjoyable, the layout of her blog is appealing, and there are some darn cute pups that make semi-regular appearances. It's really the look books that really captured my fancy, though.




I often read fashion-centered blogs, but rarely see things that I could actually see myself imitating. In all honesty, I'm just not that adventurous when it comes to buying and wearing clothes.

And while I'm willing to try to be more brave, quite frankly, cost is prohibitive. Until some of these crazy student loans get paid down, there are no designer labels in my future...unless they come from TJ Maxx.




Something about these looks, however, seems totally doable. I like how the basis of most of her outfits are simple and elegant - this is something I can understand and get on board with.

And while I decidedly cannot afford many of the items in these photos (mainly the
shoes...insert huge, longing sigh here), there are plenty of things that could fall within my budget.






I don't know about you, but I'm feeling inspired!

Shopping, anyone?


*all images via I am Style-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment