Thursday, June 11, 2009

my refuge



When my world feels like it's spinning a little too fast, and I'm losing steam to handle it all, I have to step back and remember that I have a savior God who longs to take my burdens. On days like this, I cling to this verse, and praise Him that I don't have to do it all on my own.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." - Psalm 91:1 & 2



And on days like this, I soak up the powerful lyrics and soft melodies of so many of Kari Jobe's songs. Today is was this portion of My Beloved that really stood out above the rest.

You're beautiful to me
So beautiful to me

I sing over you my song of peace
Cast all your cares down at my feet

Come and find your rest in me
I'll breathe my life inside of you
I'll bear you up on eagle's wings
And hide you in the shadow of my strength
I'll take you to my quiet waters
I'll restore your soul
Come rest in me and be made whole


*images via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment