Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a lovely library


It's cold and rainy in these parts, and this morning as I prepare for another busy day, I can't help but think how much I'd rather spend the day curled up in my pjs than traipse off to work.

I saw images of this library a while ago (it's in one of Diane Keaton's houses) and am longing to go lounge around there today. I could pour a second cup of coffee, pick something fabulous off the shelves (preferably using the cool ladder), and be content to just be quiet all day.


I love the use of the quotation around the edge of the ceiling - I think that detail totally makes this space. And although it's not quite as cool as the library from Beauty & the Beast, which I irrationally compare all libraries to, I would totally go knocking at Diane's door this morning if I happened to live in the neighborhood.

Maybe she would let me in if I brought along something yummy to share...monkey bread anyone?

*images via Hooked on Houses

1 comment:

  1. ooohhhh if I were Diane I would not turn down monkey bread just to share the library! I could so melt with a book in that library.

    ReplyDelete