Thursday, February 10, 2011

fragrance

There are fresh flowers everywhere in
our gallery these days.  During this season,
one of my bosses receives a bouquet
every week from her sweet man - a 
pretty promise of color, warmth 
and new growth to come.  
 
 The first few times I walk by them, 
I usually stop to enjoy how lovely they 
are - but after I get busy and the novelty
wears off (they aren't mine, after all) -
I don't pay too much attention to them.  
 
Well, not to how they look, anyway.
How they smell is a completely different
story.  Even when I cease to look closely, 
I can't escape their sweet fragrance,which 
permeates my workspace. I think it's
the same idea as this passage from 
II Corinthians 14. (from The Message)

"In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us 
from place to place in one perpetual 
victory parade. Through us, he brings
knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, 
people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. 
Because of Christ, we give off a sweet
scent rising to God, which is recognized 
by those on the way of salvation -
an aroma redolent with life."
 
Huh.  How often do you ever think about 
this...because of Christ in us, there 
ought to be a permeating quality about our 
lives that others can't get away from?



No comments:

Post a Comment