Monday, November 30, 2009

monday thoughts...


This morning the sunrise was beautiful over my city. It's supposed to be kind of dark and rainy today, so it was such a wonderful surprise to see the vibrant oranges and pinks peeking out over the skyline.

As I drove to the gym, I was so struck by how beautiful God's creation is - and how loudly it proclaims His glory. I think Psalm 19 sums it up perfectly:

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.


There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.



On the theme of God's creation, I feel the need to give one more nod to the beauty of fall before jumping headlong into this Christmas season. (Totally listened to Christmas carols yesterday and loved every second of it!!)

Since it's been so warm and fallish these last few days, I feel justified in sharing this post with you, which blew me away with the gorgeous colors and shapes.



Speaking of holidays, Thanksgiving was fabulous. I spent a couple of great days at home with my extended family (and got to play with my sweet little cousin!) and then spent the rest of the weekend at my place with my immediate family.

We had a couple of small projects to do together around my apartment, but for the most part just enjoyed spending time together. I feel so blessed to be able to just soak up their company and have fun with them. There was lots of laughing and chatting, and it was wonderful.

Now I am counting down until I get to see them all again for Christmas...only a few weeks!



Hope your Monday is lovely and that you're still enjoying all the Thanksgiving leftovers - I know I am!


*images via GoogleImages, A Life More Fabulous, Sister, GoogleImages

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the awesome scripture verse...it was very encouraging for me to see today.

    ReplyDelete