Wednesday, October 14, 2009

still pondering...



I've still got so much to process from my trip last week. In the last day or so I've really been thinking about Andy Stanley's first message -
On Your Mark - the one that really defined the rest of the conference.

Here are a few tidbits from my notes...
- The desire to leave a mark is God's thumbprint on my life - He created me with a purpose.
- God isn't here to play a part in my story - I'm here to play a part in His story. (Am I willing to use my gifts & talents for a different story than the one I've been writing?)
- In order to allow God to make His mark through me, I need to be a leader under authority rather than a leader in authority. (And I have to make this decision every single day.)
- God takes full responsibility for the life wholly devoted to Him.
- Living to make my mark is too small a thing to give my life to.




*love this photo of me & Twin via Miss Ab...look how happy we are reading in the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment