Monday, October 12, 2009

incredible.



We're back from Catalyst, and while I'm definitely not caught up on my sleep or feeling back to normal quite yet, I wanted to capture something about the experience before running off to work.


I still have lots to process and don't really know that I can rattle off the spiritual take-aways just yet, but I know that there are a lot of them floating around in my head and heart, and even more waiting in my pages of notes to take root in my heart.

The quality of the material that each speaker brought was just phenomenal - and there's something very cool about hearing people like Andy Stanley, Rob Bell & Chuck Swindoll speak in person. Not to mention that it totally takes it to the next level knowing that they prepared a message just for a leader like me.




There's something about worshiping and learning with thousands of people (13,000 to be exact) that just opens your heart and blows your mind in a unique way. It never ceases to bless me, and makes me anticipate with so much joy what worship will be like in heaven.

(Please note the crazy scale of this event, which is captured in such a insignificant way through a camera. Also note the proximity of my pictures to what's going on, and know that thanks to some very tall people with great scouting abilities, we definitely sat in VIP seating for the entire conference. woot!)



Our travel from Boston to Atlanta was far less than ideal (canceled flight, 8 hours in Logan airport, lots of faxing confusion, missing hotel rooms, etc.) but I was so proud to be traveling with a group of my friends who all behaved with grace and love despite a high level of stress and frustration. It was very cool to know that God could further knit us together as leaders and friends in the middle of inconvenience.

(check out the super cool mirrored wall in Logan, which entertained us for a LONG time...)





I would be so remiss in talking about this trip if I didn't talk about how much fun we had together. There was so much silliness and laughing - no matter where we were - in airports, riding in giant rattling vans, waiting in lines, eating meals, or in the middle of the conference.

There's just nothing like realizing that pretty much everyone shares - at some level - the same lame sense of humor. It's wonderful and terrifying...all at the same time.



So thanks peeps - I'm going to be leaning into this experience for a while.

And I will try to never use the word momentarily again for a long time...

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures and hearing how much fun you all had, especially together. And I love love love the observation that everyone on some level shares the same lame sense of humor... SO TRUE and probably never more obvious than in group travel. :) I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts as you process all the material! :)

    ReplyDelete