Wednesday, June 24, 2009

some light for this rainy day



With all of this rain lately, I find myself drawn to images of rooms that are super light-filled. It's like my little brain is trying to make up sunshine for itself.

For instance, this airy little beauty - flooded with light and cheerfulness. And all that blue - so summery and wonderful! I can almost feel the breeze blowing through the windows.


Image via Restyled Home


And how about this one - sunshine to the rescue! I love the yellow and white together and how crisp it makes the room feel. And don't even get me started on the fabulous combo of columns and pretty storage all in an entryway - what a welcome home at the end of the day.


Or this one - I love the equal ratio of windows to walls happening here. And think how cozy you could make this space feel just be drawing those glorious curtains and snuggling down on the couch. I could see myself watching endless movies in here or sitting down to enjoy a good book.


I wish I could remember where this is from...


I think this bedroom is quite lovely. It's light and airy, but somehow not too fussy. I really like the architectural detail as a headboard - it's substantial and delicate all at the same time. Very cool.


Ditto - I've had this on file forever...


And finally, a room full of globes and maps! Not only is it full of natural light, it has a dedicated shelf for cool globes. I think this is fabulous - globes are pretty and such an interesting shape and could definitely be used more in homes. Plus, they make me want to explore the world.


And another one - wow this is bad...


Hope you see some sunshine today, where ever you are. As for me, I think I'll take along my umbrella - just in case.

*top image via Desire to Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment